Required before any GI Bill benefits may be used:

A current Certificate of eligibility, please apply for this via VONAPP OR entitlement information (accessible via eBenefits)

A Veteran Certification Form, this may be completed with an academic advisor

If you have used your education benefits at a school other than WATC please complete a VA Form 22-1995 and return this completed form to our veteran services specialist

*Suggested but not required: have any military training transcripts sent to our Registrar’s office. You may request these online from Joint Services Transcript


The Post-9/11 GI-Bill – Chapter 33

The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

These benefits may be transferred to a service member’s dependents and/or spouse. This must be done prior to separation via

Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (MGIB-AD) – Chapter 30

The MGIB program provides up to 36 months of education benefits. This benefit may be used for degree and certificate programs, flight training, apprenticeship/on-the-job training and correspondence courses. Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances. Generally, benefits are payable for 10 years following your release from active duty.

Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) – Chapter 1606

The MGIB-SR program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard. Eligibility for this program is determined by the Selected Reserve components. VA makes the payments for this program.

Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) – Chapter 32

VEAP is available if you elected to make contributions from your military pay to participate in this education benefit program. Your contributions are matched on a $2 for $1 basis by the Government. Benefit entitlement is 1 to 36 months depending on the number of monthly contributions. You have 10 years from your release from active duty to use VEAP benefits. If there is entitlement not used after the 10-year period, your portion remaining in the fund will be automatically refunded.

Survivors & Dependents Assistance (DEA) – Chapter 35

Dependents’ Educational Assistance provides education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of certain veterans. The program offers up to 45 months of education benefits. These benefits may be used for degree and certificate programs, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training. If you are a spouse, you may take a correspondence course. Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances.

Veterans Vocational and Rehabilitation Program (VR&E) – Chapter 31

Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) provides services to veterans with service-connected disabilities.  Veterans are assigned a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor assigned to the school they are attending.  Each school works with the counselor for needed items for approved VR&E veterans.

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts

The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program provides up to $4,000 (over 2 years) of Financial Assistance for military spouses who are pursuing degree programs, licenses or credentials leading to employment in portable career fields.

Additional information for Military Spouses

VA Work Study

If you are a veteran student enrolled in at least ¾ time enrollment (9 credit hours) you may apply for VA work study allowance.

Please contact our veteran services specialist for position availability.

Veteran Certification Form

WATC Statement of Support for the Guard and Reserve

 Veterans educational benefits can sometimes be overwhelming and confusing. Please contact our veterans benefits administrator for details, forms and information.

Charis Stanley
Financial Aid/Veteran Services Specalist

Steve Enriquez
Assistant Director, Financial Aid/Veteran Services

For additional VA Benefit Information:

2015 – 2016 Form 100 

2016 – 2017 Veteran Certification Form

You must complete and sign the appropriate form above with your Academic Advisor each semester you are seeking to utilize your VA educational benefits in order for your hours to be certified with the Veterans Administration. In addition, the form must be completed each time you add, drop or withdraw from courses.

Request Info
Get Started


WATC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.

The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500 • Chicago, IL 60604 • 800.621.7440

Students interested in select programs are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.

Program Integrity – Gainful Employment

In accordance with 34 CFR 668.6(b), that requires institutions to disclose certain information about the programs to prospective students, please see: Gainful Employment.