Patrick Post, Aviation Maintenance Technology Student, Recieves Make A Difference Student Award
Patrick Post was presented the Make A Difference Student Award on November 29 at the WATC board meeting. Patrick is in the Aviation Maintenance Technology Program and was nominated by his instructor Dawn Brown.
Patrick has completed 16 credit hours at WATC and is currently enrolled in his first semester in the Aviation Maintenance program. He has already obtained his private pilot’s license, while also volunteering in the community and maintaining straight A’s throughout his time as a student.
“His passion for aviation is evident,” says Dawn Brown. “I believe Patrick Post is a model student deserving of such recognition as this award provides.”
The Make a Difference Student Award recognizes students who demonstrate leadership and service to the WATC community. Aside from the occasional “thank you”, these students are rarely acknowledged for the contribution they make. The award recognizes these outstanding students who diligently help their fellow students and/or the WATC and Wichita area communities. Nominees may demonstrate exemplary performance, club service, volunteer work, mentorship or leadership. Student nominations are welcomed from all WATC employees.
Nomination criteria include the following:
- Contributions to the WATC or Wichita area communities should demonstrate generosity of spirit and performance above and beyond the call of duty.
- Must have benefited other students or the community within the last 12 months.
- Must be currently enrolled
- Must be in good academic standing (GPA of not less than 3.0).
- Must have completed (or be enrolled in) 12 credit hours at WATC.