NCAT to Launch New Aviation Industry Talent Supply Chain
Since 2012, Wichita Area Technical College (WATC) has been pleased to lead the The National Aviation Consortium (NAC), a four-year project funded by the U.S. Department of Labor to develop industry-standard aviation manufacturing training curricula. With the project nearing its completion, WATC now seeks to build on NAC with expanded services to the industry.
The goal is to offer employers broader opportunities to source reliable talent from multiple markets. WATC is creating a centralized industry talent supply chain organization based at NCAT. Talent development programs will be expanded to support demand for production, management and supervisory roles.
Slated for market launch in late 2016, NCAT’s new talent supply chain organization will serve a a talent ‘demand’ group of industry associations and employers and a ‘supplier’ group of educational institutions, training organizations and certification providers. Formal affiliation will be by membership and sponsorship programs.
Benefits That Matter
NCAT’s Talent Supply Chain organization will offer direct benefits to the aviation manufacturing and maintenance sectors, including:
- “One-stop” talent sourcing from multiple markets for employers;
- Manufacturing and maintenance talent development programs for the industry;
- Membership growth for associations seeking to offer new talent fulfillment support to members;
- Enrollment growth for educators via national demand for talent employers;
- Help for small and medium sized employers seeking to strengthen talent fulfillment programs; and
- Trust-based forums for sharing best practices in talent acquisition, recruiting and retention.
Employers, industry associations, certification providers and educators will find more information about NCAT’s Talent Supply Chain at: