Wichita Area Technical College (WATC) is a different kind of college, changing lives by training people for high-wage, high-demand jobs. We work hand-in-hand with employers to determine their job needs now and into the future so our students graduate with the right skills. Make sure to check out our current job openings. WATC is a great place to work and here are a few reasons why:
- Touch & Go Café – hot breakfast and lunch served every day.
- WATC Bookstore – employees receive discounts on WATC logo wear, snacks, supplies, etc.
- Community Involvement – WATC employees are actively involved in the community through: Wichita River Festival, United Way fund raising, supplying Easter baskets for kids through Youthville, Winter Coat Drives and much more.
- Employee Activities - Fun things are always happening at WATC! The employee volunteers on our Activities Committee plan fun events to get employees involved and connected.
- Concerts & special events – WATC’s National Center for Aviation Training is a popular venue for many events, including a recent outdoor concert.
- YMCA discounted memberships – Joiner fee is waived and employees receive a 10% discount on monthly membership.
- Employee Assistance Program – WATC pays for profesional counseling for work, personal or family problems through EMPAC.
- Extended Illness Bank – Co-workers care about you! Employees have generously donated sick/vacation/PTO hours to a bank for employees in need due to serious extended illness.
- Wellness Program – Annual Health Fair, lunch & learn topics, on-site chair massages, online wellness information
- Professional Development – WATC supports professional development through in-service training 2 times annually, as well assisting with payment for professional memberships and dues if required for your position.
Great Benefits for Full-Time Staff and Faculty
- 17 paid holidays — Employees currently have 17 paid holidays! This includes the entire week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas.
- PTO (Paid time off)– Employees earn from 18 to 28 days of PTO annually (in addition to paid holidays)
- 3.375% average pay increase for each of the past two years.
- Tuition Waiver – Tuition and Student Fees are waived for credit courses taken at WATC. Available for employees and immediate family members (spouse and dependent children) – see “2.45 Tuition Waiver” policy for specific details!
- Generous insurance plans & other benefits:
- Voluntary Vision
- Life/ AD&D
- Voluntary Life & Accident Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS) – includes coverage for Long-Term disability.
- Health Saving Account (HSA)
- Cafeteria & Flexible Spending Accounts (medical & dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program through EMPAC
- 457(b) Retirement Plan – includes a Roth IRA option
- WATC pays up to 10 days to perform civic duties
Approximately four million visitors come to Wichita, Kansas, each year. There are more than 1,000 restaurants that pepper the city representing all types of cuisine. Shopping choices abound with eclectic shops, antique stores, and open-air shopping centers.
Wichita is also home to a great number of museums and attractions where visitors can explore art, hands-on exhibits, botanical gardens, the Old West, and Indian artifacts. Nighttime entertainment fills the air with theater performances, live music, dancing, and a dine-while-you-watch movie theater. When it comes to dining, shopping and playing… Wichita has something for everyone!
Wichita hosts a great number of things to see and do, literally. In the metro area, there are 36 museums, more than 24 attractions, 20 live theatres, 35 art galleries and 32 golf courses. Here is a sample of some of the best things to do while you’re in Wichita!
Wichita is located in the south central part of Kansas and is the largest city in the state with 360,000 people. Wichita is a community that celebrates its diversity as it includes 11.4% African-American, 9.6% Hispanic, 4% Asian citizens and a variety of other ethnicities. As a 3-time All-American City award-winner, Wichita offers its residents a quality of life that is clean, safe, and growing.
There is no shortage of things to do. With more than 250 days of sunshine a year, Wichitans take advantage of all the outdoors has to offer as well as the outstanding attractions that educate and enhance the city’s quality of life. Old Town is Wichita’s premiere entertainment district with nightclubs, laid back bars, distinctive restaurants, live concerts, quaint specialty shops and a Saturday farmer’s market.
If you are looking for something fun to do in Wichita such as visit tourist attractions, go shopping, get a bite, play at one of our parks, etc., you can find it here!
- Business Facilities – The Location Advisor(2011 State Rankings)
- Biotechnology Strength #7
- Alternative Energy Industry Leaders #9
- Quality of Life #7