As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a long list of benefits! Below are a few, and many more are located on the Why Here? page.
Things to know about WATC benefits
- Our Fiscal and Benefit Year is from July 1 – June 30.
- You will receive 18-28 days of PTO days a year, in addition to 17 paid holidays for the 2017-2018 fiscal year. You will also have the opportunity to participate in an Extended Illness Bank.
- Medical and Dental Insurance are available to you at a reduced cost.
- Vision, additional Life and AD&D insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, and 457b Retirement plans are available.
- You will participate in KPERS (Kansas Public Employees Retirement System), which includes Long-term disability insurance and 1.5 x your annual salary in life insurance.
- WATC pays for professional counseling for work, personal or family problems with an Employee Assistance Program through EMPAC.
- The college pays 100% of short-term disability insurance and 1 x your annual salary in life insurance.
- The college pays pays up to 8 hours of Volunteer Service leave for employees to participate in activities related to children’s academic success in grades K-12.
Check out the details of your benefits package!