Outlining key points from Ramsey’s presentation at #PRevolution social media workshop today at the Red Cross in Wichita. For more follow the #PRevolution hashtag on Twitter.
- is about social technologies and why they are effective
- keeping connected with people you wouldn’t normally be connecting with because of time and space constraints
Two types (Jeremiah Oywang) are Personal Brand and Career Brand. Steps for your personal brand:
- Step 1 – Audit your brand: how do friends, families, colleagues think of you? Exercise: Which model of car are you?
- Step 2 – Google yourself.
- Step 3 – Understand your personal objectives. What makes you different? How will you stand out?
- Step 4 – Make a plan.
4:1 Rule (Chris Brogan)
For every one piece of (social media) content about you, there needs to be four that are:
- re(markable) / Seth
You have to earn the right to sell. Be helpful and interesting.
Personal Brand Tips
- Have a home base (website / Facebook)
- No one reads all your tweets. Get over yourself.
- Establish your email network.
- Use consistent unique usernames.
- Interlink everything together.
- Consistency facilitates recognition.