We wanted to update the college on a few items:
- As of June 30 the Comotara Campus has been closed. Medical Assisting, Phlebotomy and EMT have been moved to Southside. Heating and Air Conditioning will have a new home in the D building at Grove very soon. The Medical Lab Technician program with Seward has been cancelled due to space and lab issues as a result of the move.
- At Southside we have new signage with the new logo! New signage will be installed at NCAT this coming week.
- At NCAT much is happening:
- We received temporary occupancy of the manufacturing building July 6th
- The furniture for the Manufacturing building will begin to be installed this coming week
- Moving of equipment from Grove and ATC East is well underway and over the next few weeks our parking lots at Grove and ATC East will look like Trucks Are Us!!
- The target date for getting temporary occupancy of the aviation building is July 23
- The commons area, lobby and kitchen area target date is the second week of August
- Final topping of the parking lot is scheduled for the week of July 19
- As of August 1 all enrollment/advising and business office functions for ALL students will be at NCAT and Southside. We will no longer offer services at Grove. We will maintain an advisor at ATC West till August 16th. Please help us get this word out to students so they will know where to go for services.
- Adult Literacy will remain in their home in B building at Grove and Auto Tech and Auto Collision will remain in C building at Grove
- The bookstore will expand to two locations, so watch for new items as they continue to provide “bling” at Southside and they open at NCAT
- A ribbon cutting for NCAT is being planned by Sedgwick County but at this time no date has been set – we’ll keep you posted!
Thanks to everyone for your hard work and dedication as we go through this transformation – WATC is a great college because if it’s wonderful people.
Your Leadership Team