WATC > News > Student Receives Caregiver of the Year Award

Student Receives Caregiver of the Year Award

by amcfayden on April 17, 2012

WATC student, Dorita Barnett, was nominated by her employer for the LeadingAge Kansas (formerly known as KAHSA) Caregiver of the Year. LeadingAge Kansas is an association of 160 not-for-profit aging services providers dedicated to serving the needs of aging Kansans. This award is presented to a LeadingAge Kansas member’s activity professional, social worker, nurse, nurse aide, dietary or environmental services employee who demonstrates remarkable commitment to the elders they serve.  Dorita recently learned that she had won the award and received it Friday, April 13. Dorita shared some information with us about herself and her experiences in the healthcare industry.

I’ve worked as a CNA at KMH (Kansas Masonic Home) for the past 5 years, I love what I do and enjoy it to the fullest. My job is so rewarding and I always try to put my best foot forward, in everything I do. When I enter my workplace my employers and patients know that I am there for them. I am so excited about accepting my award on Friday and greatly appreciate all the recognition of my hard work and duties. I am in the LPN program at WATC (Wichita Area Technical College) for furthering my education and to continue giving the excellent care that my patient’s deserve. I will continue to do my best and work hard at what I do. It is a great feeling to know that I can and have made a difference in someone’s life!!!

WATC is proud to have such a caring and thoughtful person as one of our students. Keep up the great work, Dorita!

Previous post:

Next post: