NCAT – National Center for Aviation Training
After a century of leadership designing and manufacturing the world’s most advanced aircraft, Wichita now takes its rightful place as a global leader in aviation education. The National Center for Aviation Training built by Sedgwick County fuses Kansas’ aviation experience and expertise with cutting-edge instructional techniques and technology to forge a new educational standard.
Wichita: Aviation Training Capital of the World
From aviation maintenance to composite materials, robotics technology to aircraft completion, NCAT will deliver training for a wide range of jobs critical to all phases of aircraft manufacture. Programs include certificates of completion, technical certificates and associate of applied science degrees.
• Aviation Maintenance Technician • Manufacturing Specialist • Avionics Technician • Robotics Technology • Composite Materials Technician • Quality Technician (Non-Destructive Testing) • Aircraft Completion • Welding • Machining • Mechanical Design • Torque Certification • Aerostructures • Advanced Coating and Painting
• Hands-on training with state-of-the-art aviation and manufacturing equipment.
• Featuring composites materials lab and autoclave to heat-cure aviation plastics.
• Jabara Airport location allows ready access to aircraft for hands-on training.
• $50 million campus offers capacity to train up to 1,500 students.
• Employer-driven programming ensures adaptation to industry needs.
• 40% of Wichita aviation workforce is eligible to retire in the next five years.
A Place to Take Off
WATC’s state-of-the-art campus is a place to find answers. For the young student who wants a great job and a rewarding career. For the mid-career worker looking to move up to a more challenging opportunity or for re-training to meet the demands of an ever changing industry. For the aviation company searching for bright, capable employees well trained on the latest equipment and in the most up to date procedures.
The 224,000 sq. ft. facility will provide for significant growth capacity for students to engage in aviation and advanced manufacturing training along with strong FAA involvement and support. The most unique partnership is the joining of Wichita State University’s National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR) and WATC to provide workforce training and specialized training as we combine research and training opportunities for our students and the aviation industry.
Teamed With National Institute for Aviation Research
At NCAT we will be able to grow our position as a global leader in aviation research through NIAR and provide flexible, business driven, high-tech training to meet future skilled workforce needs from WATC. Students will have the opportunity for hands on application and learning with research students as they develop new practices for the aviation industry.