GED Practice Test
Registration may be completed at the Grove Campus at 301 South Grove, Building B – Room 3. You must register and pay fees 24 hours before the day of testing. Testing is on a “first come-first served” basis. A maximum of 25 people will be tested each session.
Check in begins at 1:00 p.m. on the day of testing. No late admittance. Evening check-in begins at 5:45 pm.
To register for the Official GED Practice Test you must:
- Pay the $45.00 fee (cash or money order only, NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED)
- Complete your personal information on the score sheet provided including name, date of birth, SSN, address and phone number
- Pick up a schedule for current dates and times of testing
Candidates must arrive and check in with a Kansas driver’s license, Kansas I.D., military I.D., or passport 15 minutes before each test begins. You will not be allowed to test if you are not present at that time.
GED practice tests are administered at the Grove Center:
301 South Grove, Building B
Wichita, KS 67211
The five tests of the Official Practice Test for GED are:
- Writing, 82 ½ minutes
- Reading, 32 ½ minutes
- Math, 45 minutes
- Science, 40 minutes
- Social Studies, 35 minutes
The above tests are offered in approximately two-hour blocks.
- The Official Practice Test battery must be completed in no more than three test administration sessions.
- There is a time limit of six months from the date of the first Official Practice Test to complete all five tests and begin GED testing.
- No scores can be given out over the phone!
- To pass the Official Practice Test battery, a minimum score of 450 on each test is required, with an overall average of 500. (2500 total points)
- Candidates will be required to remain seated until all testing in one particular test block is completed.
- If you do not pass an Official Practice Test, you will have to complete a course of study before retesting.
- All five Official Practice Tests must be passed in order to begin taking the GED tests
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION – The Wichita Area Technical College does not discriminate with regard to race, color, national origin, sex, handicap/disability, religion or age.