How do I get an official transcript? You may request a transcript and pay for the transcript online.

What is the fee for a transcript?
There is an $11 fee for each official transcript.

I have completed my program, how long will it take for me to receive my certificate?
The registrar’s office will verify your records and will mail your certificate or degree within approximately four weeks from your completion date. You may receive some certificates sooner if you were enrolled in a short-term program such as Aerostructures Technician, Certified Nurse Aide, or Composites Fabrication Technician.

How do I contact the registrar’s office?
The Registrar’s Office hours are Monday–Thursday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., and Friday 9 a.m.–5:00 p.m., NCAT Campus 4004 N. Webb Road , Wichita, KS 67226, 316.677.9400.

Who is WATC accredited by?

WATC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.

The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500 • Chicago, IL 60604 • 800.621.7440

Our programs have individual accreditations as well.

What are your hours?
National Center for Aviation Training (NCAT)
4004 N Webb Rd
Wichita KS 67026

Academic Coaching Hours
Monday – Thursday 8am-6pm
Friday 9am-5pm

Southside Education Center (SSEC)
4501 E 47th St S
Wichita KS 67210

Academic Coaching Hours
Monday – Thursday 8am-7pm
Friday 9am-5pm

Where can I study for tests?

We can provide you with a study guide for the COMPASS test. Study guides for the TEAS test can be purchased at or from the book store.
A free, more general test prep Web site that covers all of the tests listed above and more, is

Can I make payment arrangements for my courses?
Yes, see Paying for College.

Is there an application fee required?
No. For more information, contact Admissions, 316.677.9400.

Is there an application deadline?
There is no deadline, but we must have an application before you can complete other admissions requirements or enroll for courses.

Do I have to enroll at the same site where I want to take courses?
No, enrollment for all locations is done at the National Center for Aviation Training, or the Southside education Center

National Center for Aviation Training (NCAT)
4004 N Webb Rd
Wichita KS 67026

  • Monday – Thursday 8am-6pm*
  • Friday 9am-5pm*

*Please arrive at least 30 minutes before close if visiting with academic coaches, financial aid, and/or business office.

Southside Center (SSC)
4501 E 47th St S
Wichita KS 67210

  • Monday – Thursday 8am-6pm*
  • Friday 9am-5pm*

*Please arrive at least 30 minutes before close if visiting with academic coaches, financial aid, and/or business office.

How can I schedule a tour? You can schedule a tour by calling 316.677.9400.

Where can I find information on student conduct and academic policies?

You can find this information in the student handbook and the online college catalog.

Is the ACT test required for admission to WATC? No, testing requirements vary by program. Contact Admissions for more information, 316.677.9400.

If I have taken courses at another college, will they transfer to WATC?

The Registrar’s office determines transferability of courses taken outside WATC.

Send an official college transcript to:
Registrar’s Office
Wichita Area Technical College
4004 N Webb Rd
Wichita KS 67226

If I am not sure what I want to do, can someone at WATC help me decide?

If you are unsure which program best fits your skills and interests, an online assessment can help you select a potential career.  Career Services can help evaluate your results. Academic coaches are also available help you determine a career path. Choose from more than 75 programs of study.

Can I attend WATC while still in high school?

WATC offers free and reduced tuition opportunities for high school students. To learn more click here.

High school students may register for courses with the written approval of their parent/guardian and their high school counselor and must send an official high school transcript. Students must document evidence of potential success at the college level.

Where can I find out how much a program cost? Estimated cost can be obtained by contacting Student Services or the business office, 316.677.9400.

Am I guaranteed to find a job once I graduate? WATC will provide you with the skills needed to obtain employment and will assist in obtaining employment. Our programs are designed to meet the needs of industry and the community, so there are jobs available.

I have already taken the Admissions test somewhere else; can I use those scores? Yes, as long as it is the same test, and the scores have not expired. We need an official copy sent directly from the testing site to Learner Services.

Can I use courses taken at another college or work experience toward a program at WATC? This is possible, but determined on an individual basis depending on the courses, experience and the WATC program. Speak with your career planner to determine if this will work for you.

Do I make too much money to receive federal financial aid? Financial aid consists of grants and loans. While household income plays a significant role in determining eligibility for grants and loans, it’s not the only determining factor. Most students, if they don’t qualify for a grant, will still qualify for a loan. Therefore, we encourage you to go ahead and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no matter how much income you have. This way you can make sure you are pursuing all of your options for aid. Visit with a financial aid representative for more details.

How do I apply for financial aid? To apply for federal financial aid, you need to complete the steps listed below. It is important that you complete these steps as quickly as possible, so your financial aid will be in place before you begin classes.

  1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  2. Request your Official High School be sent to WATC.
  3. Complete the Student Data Form online or download PDF.
  4. Complete and turn in any other documents the Financial Aid office requests in a timely manner.
  5. Communicate with the Financial Aid office, 316.677.9400.

What is the school code? WATC’s school code is 005498.

I am genuinely independent; why do I have to apply for financial aid using my parent’s income and asset information? The Education Act of 1992 clearly states you use the following criteria to determine if you must use the parent’s information when applying for federal financial aid:

  • 24 years old by December 31 of the award year
  • Orphan or ward of the court
  • Veteran of the armed forces of the USA
  • Enrolled in a graduate or professional program (beyond a bachelor’s degree
  • Married
  • Student has legal dependents other than a spouse and provides over 51 percent of dependent’s support

My award letter said that I was going to receive a certain amount, but I did not get as much as it said. Why? Award letters are based on full-time enrollment. If you enroll less than full-time, your financial aid will be prorated based on your actual enrollment for each semester.